At the RNCM, we’d like the quality of our food and drinks to leave a lasting impression on you – not on the environment.
We take steps to ensure that we’re operating in a sustainable, environmentally responsible way in everything that we do at Brodsky, in our Café, Concert Bar and at events.
Food and Drink
- Our coffee is Rainforest Alliance certified.
- Our sugar and hot chocolate is Fairtrade.
- Our eggs are free range.
- Our soup is homemade from fresh ingredients daily.
- Our sandwiches, paninis and toasties are all made in-house.
- Our fish and seafood is Marine Conservation Society approved.
Supporting Local Businesses
- We shop locally where possible to support family businesses.
- We use a small family-run butchers, established in 1905, whose produce is red tractor approved.
- We use two local bakers for bread which is freshly delivered daily.
- A team of six professional chefs produce food for Brodsky, the Café and all of our events.
- Our apprenticeship programme has been running for 10 years, training professional chefs for work in the industry.
- Look out for our to-go mugs and water bottles, which will be on sale from September. If you use your to-go mug to buy hot drinks or soup you’ll save 20p each time.
- Our plastic salad packaging is made from recycled plastic and is 100% recyclable.
- We’ll soon be going straw-free at the Concert Bar and we’ve moved to a 100% recyclable coffee cup.
- We have signed up to Andy Burnham’s Plastic Free Greater Manchester pledge to remove single use plastic by 2020.