Junior Fellowship in Conducting
Salary Grade: Yearly stipend, currently £10,500
Closing date: 17 November 2017
Interview date: 22-24 January 2018
Widely regarded as the UK’s finest programme for conductors, the benefits for the successful candidate include:
- Working with Sir Mark Elder, Clark Rundell and guest conductors
- Significant practical experience conducting the RNCM’s Symphony, Chamber, Opera and Concert orchestras and other ensembles
- Opportunities, subject to agreement, for engagements with the BBC Philharmonic, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic and Manchester Camerata orchestras
- A yearly stipend, which is currently UK £10,500
- Opportunities to assist conductors at the BBC Philharmonic, Hallé and Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestras
- Masterclasses and tuition from guest conductors, who have included Cristian Mandeal, Juanjo Mena, Gianandrea Noseda, Vasily Petrenko, André de Ridder, Stanislaw Skrowaczewski, Jac van Steen and Yan Pascal Tortelier
- Junior Fellows in Conducting will receive the RNCM’s Postgraduate Diploma (International Artist) upon successful completion of their Fellowship
This is a two-year appointment from September 2018.
The successful candidate is likely to be a graduate with professional experience, of any nationality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17 November 2017.
Auditions (by invitation only) will be held in Manchester from 22 – 24 January 2018.
To apply please visit: www.rncm.ac.uk/junior-fellowship-conducting
For further information, please contact:
Royal Northern College of Music
124 Oxford Road
T +44 (0)161 907 5334
F +44 (0)161 273 7611