Salary Grade: Grade 3, SCP 10 to 14, currently £12,530.30 to £13,970.53 (actual pro-rata salary)
Closing date: Open until filled
Interview date: Open until filled
Part-time: An average of 23.5 hours per week, hours will be worked over the duration of the contract using an annualised hours system.
The Royal Northern College of Music is pleased to invite applications for the role of Porter, the successful candidate will join a team who are proud to provide an outstanding customer-facing, front line service, in Manchester’s world renowned music conservatoire and arts centre.
The Porter service normally operates between the hours of 07:30 and 22:30 seven days a week. Shifts/hours will normally be allocated one week in advance and shifts will vary in length dependant on the schedule and team workload (a minimum ‘four hour call’ will apply).
Team members need to be able to communicate effectively, be conscientious, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and want to positively contribute the College and particularly the manner in which it treats its customers.
This role includes:
- The careful and safe movement of (sometimes heavy) musical instruments and associated equipment.
- Preparation of equipment and furniture for functions, and in learning and performance areas.
- Assisting in maintaining excellent standards of housekeeping within College, ensuring rooms are equipped and tidy for users.
- Receipt and secure transfer of deliveries, post etc.
- Dealing with student, staff and visitor requests and enquiries in a polite and professional manner.
- Assisting in ensuring the security of the College and the safety of its users.
- Being a member of the College’s Emergency Response Team with responsibilities that include the safe evacuation of our building users in the event of an emergency.
Proven, practical experience in the manual handling of specialised equipment and / or persons is desirable. Training will be given to successful candidates in the handling of the various instruments and in the different ensemble and orchestral layout arrangements.
The role holder will be required to work flexibly over the seven days of the week, on a ‘called as required’ basis.
For full details regarding this role please view the job description and person specification, which can be found in the download section.
To apply for this role please submit your completed application form to our Human Resources Department via email to Human.Resources@rncm.ac.uk.
Please note that CV’s are not accepted as a form of application.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email from our Human Resources Department confirming that your application has been received (please note that this email is not automated). Due to high volume of applications, after this communication only candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
If you have any queries please contact Bebee Wood, Human Resources Assistant via email at Human.Resources@rncm.ac.uk.