Applications open for RNCM String Quartet Studio
We are looking for an inspirational, committed and ambitious string quartet to create the first RNCM String Quartet Studio.
Based within our esteemed Chamber Music Department, this exciting new initiative will provide a unique opportunity for full immersion in string quartet training. Participating groups will strengthen repertoire knowledge, artistic identity, ensemble skills and performance experience through a year-long bespoke programme of study.
Working closely with violinist Donald Grant (Elias Quartet/RNCM Deputy Head of Chamber Music) and members of the College’s Chamber Music faculty, this flexible scheme can also include:
- regular ensemble coaching
- individual instrumental tuition
- masterclasses with visiting international artists
- career advice and mentoring
- full access to the RNCM’s award-winning Library, audio/visual recording facilities, rehearsal rooms and performance spaces
- performance in the RNCM’s public Chamber Music festival programme
- involvement with the College’s European Chamber Music Academy week
Jeremy Young, Head of Chamber Music, said: ‘We expect this year to be a formative, unforgettable experience for an energetic quartet passionate about their ensemble work. We are looking for a group to immerse themselves in chamber music study at the RNCM and create an active presence within the College.’
The Studio is open to groups of any age and at any point in study. The placement is offered on a full scholarship basis and will run from September 2018 – July 2019.
To apply and for further information, please click here.
8 May 2018