RNCM String Quartet Studio
The RNCM String Quartet Studio is an exciting initiative that provides a unique opportunity for full immersion in string quartet training.
Participating groups will strengthen repertoire knowledge, artistic identity, ensemble skills and performance experience through a year-long bespoke programme of study.
Working closely with Donald Grant (Elias Quartet) and our esteemed Chamber Music Faculty, this flexible scheme can also include
- regular ensemble coaching and individual instrumental tuition
- masterclasses with visiting international artists
- career advice and mentoring
- full access to the RNCM’s award-winning library, audio/visual recording facilities, rehearsal rooms and performance spaces
- performance in the RNCM’s public Chamber Music Festival programme
- involvement with the College’s European Chamber Music Academy week
We expect this year to be a formative, unforgettable experience for an energetic quartet passionate about their ensemble work. We are looking for a group to be active and visible at the RNCM and create an inspirational presence within the College.
The Studio is open to groups of any age and at any point in study. The placement is offered on a full scholarship basis and runs from September – July.
Please email [email protected] for further information.
Applications for 2020/21 are now closed.