JMIPC – RNCM James Mottram International Piano Competition 2016
The fifth RNCM James Mottram International Piano Competition will take place at the RNCM, Manchester, UK from Monday 28 November – Saturday 3 December 2016.
This major biennial event offers an all-round learning experience for young pianists under the age of 30 from all over the world, mixing opportunities to perform on the concert platform with a series of masterclasses given by a distinguished international jury.
All events will take place at the RNCM and are open to the public. Being held in one of the world’s foremost conservatories there is an important educational aspect to the event. All pianists selected to take part in the competition will have the opportunity to take part in a masterclass given by a member of the jury. We are delighted to be joined by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, who will accompany the soloists in the competition final in the RNCM Concert Hall. There is a substantial competition prize fund, including a first prize of £10,000.
- First Prize of £10,000
- Second Prize of £5,000
- Third Prize of £2,500
The Application Form, completed in English, must be submitted online via the Acceptd link below. Submissions for the 2016 Competition will open at 12:00 noon GMT on Friday 29 April 2016.
Any questions about the application process can be directed to Matt Whitham, the competition coordinator email@example.com or +44 (0)161 907 5339.
The Application Form must be supported by the following:
- Video recording(s) of the Preliminary Round requirements:
- ONE Scarlatti Sonata;
- ONE Chopin Etude from either Op 10 or Op 25;
- ONE Debussy Prélude from either Book 1 or Book 2 OR a Debussy Étude
The recording(s) should be clearly marked with the date and place of recording.
- A copy of a birth certificate or passport (photo page only).
- An up-to-date biography, in English, to a maximum of 300 words. The Competition reserves the right to alter the biography should it be required in any publicity material.
- A passport-size photograph (45mm x 35mm).
- A publicity photo, for publicity purposes.
Application Forms and supporting documents must be submitted online by 12:00 noon GMT on Monday 3 October 2016. All successful applicants will be notified before Monday 17 October 2016.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.