Student Support and Wellbeing
Student wellbeing is of paramount importance to us, and a comprehensive range of support services is available to all of our students.
Support for Students with Disabilities
The RNCM welcomes disabled students, including those with specific learning difficulties. Ways in which we can support you include:
• One-to-one academic and study skills tutorials
• Guidance on documenting your disability
• Provision of a suitable Personal Learning Plan
• Specific learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia) screening on request
• Advice on applying for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)
If you would like to discuss any of your needs, please email our Student Wellbeing Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 907 5219.
Student Counselling Service
A free and confidential counselling service is provided by our highly-experienced and BACP qualified College counsellors. They provide individual sessions and can help with any personal issues that may be affecting you.
College chaplains are available for confidential consultation on personal matters. There is also a chaplain specifically for international students and for speakers of Mandarin Chinese. The nearby St Peter’s Church and Chaplaincy also organises a range of activities and social events for students of all faiths. For more details visit www.stpeters.org.uk.
One-off or regular weekly Alexander Technique classes are available for a small charge. Alexander Technique is a tried-and-tested approach for improving personal performance and avoiding undue effort or stress.
A dedicated International Office team provides comprehensive support to students from outside of the UK. Please see our International page for further information.
Student wellbeing staff can also offer advice on matters such as:
- How to arrange an appointment with a BAPAM Consultant (British Association for Performing Arts Medicine)
- How to apply for funding through the BAPAM/Help Musicians Student Health Scheme (conditions apply)
- Factsheets for musicians (BAPAM)
- General wellbeing