The Principal’s Circle brings together a friendly group of music lovers, passionate about supporting the RNCM’s exceptional young musicians and the future of music for all.
Collectively, donors have a significant impact on life at the RNCM. Regular support funds exciting opportunities that prepare our students for a career in music and ensures that the College remains at the forefront of music education.
You will be become part of our RNCM family and be invited to join masterclasses and recitals, as well as meeting the Principal, students and staff from across the College to see the impact your gift makes.
We welcome individuals and couples who donate between £1,000 and £5,000 a year to join our Principal’s Circle.
‘The RNCM is a truly feel good institution and it brings us great joy to support the College and its students through the Principal’s Circle. There is such a positive vibe among the students – that, and their enthusiasm for their studies, rubs off on us in an uplifting way.’ John Davnall, Founding Member of the Principal’s Circle
The Principal’s Circle have made the following projects a reality. Without them, these unique opportunities for students would not have been possible.
- Sending 25 vocal students to Norway to work with the Edvard Grieg Kor
- Investment in much-needed specialist equipment for a student who is blind
- The transformation of our Reed Room into a state-of-the-art facility, creating an enviable learning environment for double reed students.
- An internship with Brass for Africa in Uganda for a recent RNCM graduate.
- A professional partnership with Northern Ballet for conducting students.
- The successful pilot of RNCM Young Artists, an initiative for pop musicians aged 11-18.
- A co-commission for RNCM Wind Orchestra, performed as part of our 50th anniversary celebrations.
- A library of scores of art songs by composers of African heritage for students to access – part of the Williams-Howard Prize.
- Sending RNCM students to deliver workshops alongside performances as part of a new partnership with schools on the Isle of Man.
- Funding student harpists to attend the World Harp Congress in Cardiff.
‘We work tirelessly to ensure that young musicians are given every opportunity to thrive, because we believe that music is vital, and that we have a vital role in its future. Thank you for being an active part of our community and helping us to secure the future of music.’ Professor Linda Merrick, Principal
If you would like to find out more about joining and becoming part of our RNCM family please contact Bethan Ward, Senior Development Manager on 0161 907 5388.
Thank you to our Principal’s Circle
Sarah Davenport and Frank Margison
Sarah and John Davnall
Martin and Ruth Durrell
Philip and Fiona Geiger
Kenneth and Sue Henderson
Rodney Hill and Christopher Wright
Allan and Ida Michaelson
Harry and Freda Moody
Robert and Margaret Moss
Derek and Lynn Palethorpe
Bob and Pauline Prescott
David and Jayne Roper
John and Anthea Slater
Dave and Mandy Spencer
David and Ann Woolf
Mary and Nater Mallick
And a number of anonymous donors.