As a new student, you can choose to live in Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence, right next door to the College.
Our students occupy the majority of its 612 rooms, which means you can be part of the community and make friends as soon as you arrive. You’ll also have the benefit of being able to practise in your room between 9am and 9pm, and pianists can request a loan piano if required.
Managed by Liberty Living, all standard en-suite rooms in the Hall are grouped in four, with a shared fully-equipped kitchen/lounge. There are also two senior residents and one member of staff on hand to provide support and assistance if needed.
Alternatively, you may wish to rent a flat or share a house privately. Manchester has a huge selection of affordable accommodation within easy distance of the RNCM. Many of these are available via Manchester Student Homes, an agency owned and managed by the city’s universities.
- Self-catering student rooms in flats of four, with en-suite facilities, each flat having its own fully equipped lounge/kitchen and a TV aerial point
- Secure accommodation monitored by 24 hour security staff and security surveillance cameras. Swipe card readers control access
- Common room/leisure facility and launderette exclusively for RNCM students
- Each room includes internet access, a telephone, and separate study space
- Practise hours: between 9am – 9pm
Charges for self-catering in the undergraduate flats during the 2019/20 academic year (51-week let) are £183 per week, inclusive of utility costs and internet access but exclusive of personal telephone calls.
There is a 2% discount for those paying in full. Alternately payment can be made over three instalments by post dated cheques or credit/debit card. (There is a 2% charge for all credit card transactions). Further information on booking and charges is available at Liberty Living.