As a new student, you can choose to live in Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence, right next door to the College.
Our students occupy a large number of its 612 rooms, which means you can be part of the community and make friends as soon as you arrive. You’ll also have the benefit of being able to practise in your room between 9am and 9pm, and pianists can request a loan piano if required.
Managed by Unite Students (uS), all standard en-suite rooms in the Hall are grouped in four, with a shared fully-equipped kitchen/lounge. There are also two senior residents and one member of staff on hand to provide support and assistance if needed.
Alternatively, you may wish to rent a flat or share a house privately. Manchester has a huge selection of affordable accommodation within easy distance of the RNCM. Many of these are available via Manchester Student Homes, an agency owned and managed by the city’s universities.
Sir Charles Groves Hall Facilities
- Self-catering student rooms in flats of four, with en-suite facilities, each flat having its own fully equipped lounge/kitchen and a TV aerial point
- Secure accommodation monitored by 24 hour security staff and security surveillance cameras. Swipe card readers control access
- Common room/leisure facility and launderette exclusively for RNCM students
- Each room includes internet access, a telephone, and separate study space
- Practise hours: between 9am – 9pm
- Free personal contents insurance (up to £5K)
- Guest flats available for visiting relatives for a night or short stay
Sir Charles Groves Hall Charges
Charges for standard en-suite rooms in clusters of four during the 2021/22 academic year (42-week let) are £165 per week, inclusive of utility costs and internet access but exclusive of personal telephone calls. A 51-week studio let may also be available; please contact the Hall directly for details.
There is a 2% discount for those paying in full. Alternately payment can be made over three instalments by post dated cheques or credit/debit card. (There is a 2% charge for all credit card transactions).