As a new student, you can choose to live in Sir Charles Groves Hall of Residence, right next door to the College.
Our students occupy a large number of its 612 rooms, which means you can be part of the community and make friends as soon as you arrive. You’ll also have the benefit of being able to practise in your room between 9am and 9pm, and pianists can request a loan piano if required.
Managed by Unite Students (uS), all standard en-suite rooms in the Hall are grouped in four, with a shared fully-equipped kitchen/lounge. There are also two senior residents and one member of staff on hand to provide support and assistance if needed.
Alternatively, you may wish to rent a flat or share a house privately. Manchester has a huge selection of affordable accommodation within easy distance of the RNCM. Many of these are available via Manchester Student Homes, an agency owned and managed by the city’s universities.
Sir Charles Groves Hall Facilities
- Self-catering student rooms in flats of four, with en-suite facilities, each flat having its own fully equipped lounge/kitchen and a TV aerial point
- Secure accommodation monitored by 24 hour Unite Students security staff and security surveillance cameras. Swipe card readers control access
- Common room/leisure facility and launderette
- Each room includes internet access, a telephone, and separate study space
- Practise hours: between 9am – 9pm
- Free personal contents insurance (up to £5K)
- Guest flats available for visiting relatives for a night or short stay
Sir Charles Groves Hall Charges
The cost for a standard en-suite room in clusters of four for 2023/24 academic year (42-week let) is £185.00 per week. This is inclusive of utility costs and internet access but exclusive of personal telephone calls.
51-week studio lets may also be available; please contact Unite Students directly for details.
All RNCM en-suite rooms have been reserved for 2023/24, and allocations are now taking place on a first-come, first-served basis subject to availability following individual cancellations. If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please get in touch by emailing [email protected]. Please note that cancellations are not guaranteed and we are therefore unable to indicate the likelihood of a room becoming available.
If you’d prefer to organise private accommodation, please visit Manchester Student Homes.
Please note, this form is for RNCM Offer Holders and students only.