Deputy Registrar & Head of Student Services
Email: [email protected]
- To be responsible, lead and develop the procedures relating to student fees upon registration including management and reporting for student fees, bursaries, scholarships and trust fund management. Establish fee status for all students, manage payment arrangements, advising the Director of Finance and the Student Awards Committee and updating all stakeholders., including liaison with the Student Loan Company and other funding providers, issue access bursaries, and manage and administer the Hardship Fund (ALF).
- To be responsible, lead and develop, the timetabling and space planning function to ensure teaching delivery, attendance monitoring and assessment requirements are translated into scheduling solutions using ASIMUT and other digital delivery solutions to maximise space utilisation, minimise clashes and provide a good student timetable. Working with colleagues in the Programmes, Principal Study Schools and Orchestras and Ensembles areas to achieve satisfactory outcomes. Use derived analytics to inform and work with the Timetabling and Space Planning Analyst to make recommendations to senior managers and other stakeholders on matters relating to timetabling, space utilisation and future requirement.
- To be responsible, lead and develop the production and submission of Statutory Student Data Returns, working with BSDU ensuring that processes and procedures are embedded throughout the RNCM to maximise efficiency, effectiveness and ensure data security and accuracy/quality. Formulate procedures for the administration of non-standard student pathways such as Associate students, CPD students, Junior Fellows, collaborative partners, etc. To include liaison with HESA and regulatory bodies as necessary.
- To be responsible, lead and develop process for the handling of Student Complaints, including co-ordination of investigations, production of outcome decisions, accurate record keeping and reporting and oversight of compliance with the OIA Framework. Includes liaison with OIA, as necessary.
- To lead and develop processes to ensure compliance with UKVI reporting requirements for registered students who go on placement, interrupt, withdraw or graduate. To oversee the verification of applicant’s documentation in liaison with Admissions. Includes liaison with UKVI as necessary
Adam began working at the College in 2005 in the Student Finance Office.
He was initially responsible for the finances of our Junior School and Young Strings Projects as well as being our liaison to the Student Loans Company. Now, in the role of Deputy Registrar & Head of Student Services he is responsible for the delivery of effective services to staff and students. Including strategic management and development of business processes relating to the operation of the Student Information System and Student Finance as well as responsibility for Student Statutory Data Returns, all student data security, UKVI compliance and reporting, as well as timetabling / space management.
Adam will lead on Student Complaints / discipline, co-ordinating case investigations and liaising with the OIA, as required.
Adam’s Office should be the first port of call for any students who have a financial query or experience hardship.
9am – 4pm Monday to Friday