Fellow in Creative and Professional Practice - Lecturer in Academic Studies - Contemporary Music Lead Junior RNCM
PhD, MusM, BMus(Hons), FRSA
I am a composer, pianist and conductor working in a variety of genres from opera to multimedia performance. My PhD was from the University of Manchester (2007), after which I took training at the Centre Acanthes and worked on the Royal Opera House’s VOX opera writing scheme. As a conductor, I have worked with Psappha and Manchester Camerata. I have over fifteen years of experience teaching in Higher Education, at the Universities of Nottingham and Salford, and as part-time lecturer at the RNCM (junior and senior Colleges).
- Artist Development 1 and 2 – Lectures, Seminars and Tutorials
- UG3 – Professional Placement – Seminars and Tutorials
- UG4 – Creative Project – Lectures, Seminars, Tutorials
- UGR3 PERF – Performing Contemporary Music
- UG4 PERF – Performance Studies
- Research Elective – Cinematic Alchemy: Alfred Hitchcock and Bernard Herrmann
- Research Elective – Improvisation: Past, Present and Future
- RNCM Junior Department – Contemporary Music Lead; Conductor of New Music Ensemble; Tutor in Composition
Multi-media composition and conducting, specialising in contemporary classical music. Cross-disciplinary collaborations in dance, opera, performance and installations.