Tutor in Baroque and Classical Violin
PhD, MusM(Perf), PGDipRNCM, MusB, GRNCM, ARCM
Dr Pauline Nobes is a Tutor in Baroque and Classical Violin at the RNCM. She has toured and recorded extensively with London’s leading period instrument ensembles including The English Baroque Soloists, The English Concert and Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique, as well as The Academy of Ancient Music which she also led for many years.
Since moving to Germany, Pauline has played solo violin with Musica Antiqua Köln and led numerous tours and recordings with Das Neue Orchester and the Kölner Akademie. Pauline is also Professor for Baroque Violin at the Würzburg Hochschule für Musik, Germany.
- Pauline Nobes, ‘“Going solo without Bach” Music Matters, Strad Magazine’, Strad, (2003).
- Pauline Nobes, ‘“Scordatura explored” String Teacher, Strad Magazine’, Strad, (2003).
- Pauline Nobes, ‘“Going Baroque” String Teacher, Strad Magazine’, , (2003).
- Rhapsody Ensemble: Wiener Oboenquartetten incl. Kramář-Krommer and Mozart,
- Vilsmayr and Nogueira The Unaccompanied Violin,
- Bach Bach Kantaten, BWV 158, 82, 56: Das Neue Orchester, , 2013
- Schumann Schumann, Der Rose Pilgerfahrt, Requiem,